CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Susan G. Komen 5K

Heather and I walked in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation 5K on Saturday with a group from her work, we had lots of fun supporting a great cause. My Grandmother had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy back in 1997 and it metastasized last year before she passed away so I walked in honor of my Granny whom I love and miss dearly. Although the weather did not cooperate there were thousands of people that showed up to run/walk, my sister-in-law ran in the race as well and finished in 25 minutes (WOW). We will be walking again next year and plan on having a big team of supporters. I thought it was neat that even dyed the fountain in Linn Park pink.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin said...

I want to walk with your team next year. I wanted to walk this year but I never signed up.

Robin said...

Lynn this is Robin.
I left the comment that says Mom.
It is the one i used on Kristen and i thought I changed it to Robin for your comment but it didn't change.

Robin said...

Lynn this is Robin.
I left the comment that says Mom.
It is the one i used on Kristen and i thought I changed it to Robin for your comment but it didn't change.